Tuesday, January 24, 2012

tomcat tuesday. still a tomboy.

{image via tomboyART}

My friends and family love a good laugh at my expense.
Somehow it almost always ties in with my height. I'm 5'3"- well, almost! ;)
But they all think it's HI-LAR-I-OUS that I have a shoe obsession, sew up all of these flowers and go to the office in my skirt and heels, have a shoe obsession....and then will turn right around and throw on my fav pair of (like UFO) pants, avoid the mall like the plague, will say 'Not right now, baby' to el kiddo when action's going down during a Giant's game. [I know, I'm horrible!)
*sigh*

 {image via LEGO Military Models}

 
more incriminating evidence. triple whammy.
I like LEGOs and Star Wars
and planes We are LEGO obsessed lately. My BF uses el kiddo as an excuse to buy new kits. He just wants to see what they look like. Next up will be the General Grievous Starfighter (he has a bunch of the Star Wars themed sets). And this afternoon is LEGO club at our library. Guess what the theme is?
Star Wars.
*does a happy dance*
We just realized that Legoland is open now in Florida & will have to go soon. But until then, Legoland Discovery Center will open up in March at Phipps.  
Awe-wait for it-some.


And every time we visit family down in Pensacola, el kiddo wants to visit the NAS Museum to check out all the planes. obsessed. I was a military brat, so I never mind checking them out. I think it's cool. I actually have a fav plane...which I suppose some may call odd...but whatever. The LEGO model of the F14-Tomcat / VF-84 "Jolly Rogers" just goes to prove that I'm not that odd. (Isn't that a great plane & scheme?!) And, yes, it's based off an actual plane...


Anywho. I've embraced that inner tomboy (oh, yeah. And total nerd) side of me. It's that same part of me that loved climbing trees, exploring woods & splashing in puddles when I was younger. (Okay, I still like to splash in puddles).

roll with it.
So all those that see this uber-tomboy side of me think it's an absolute trip that I sew up all of these flowers into accessories. Okay. They also get a good laugh just from seeing me with a needle-n-thread in my hand. But that's okay. It is funny. 

what's the point?
This is me. I can't (and won't) pretend to be this overly-mushy mom. I love el kiddo and, yeah, I bring him up in posts. Like today. But. All of the above is still my personality. I sew pretty little flowers all day long sometimes, but I'm still a tomboy at heart that LOVES playing with LEGOS, watching Star Wars and admiring planes. I would have been up the creek had I had a daughter. 

...and here's what I've concluded:
Thinking about where Cardinal House was, is & going...I DO NOT want to be thought of as a mommy with accessories that I sell on the side. Maybe that doesn't seem like a big statement to you, but me recognizing that is a biggie. 

I'll still bring up el kiddo and others on posts, but not just to show you the drawing he brought home from school. egads.


apologies.
Sorry for another long rambling post. I'm getting this stuff out of my system. I've posted these declarations; so shall they be...and all that. ooh. and they are sneak peeks to the post themes (I hope) to keep up with daily. (yesterday was Mastery Monday)

I'll leave you alone for now!

xoxo
-Kat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...